Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And the Sponsors Said "Let There Be...A Project". And There Was.

Everusince I was a young boy, around age 7, I have always been drawn to the power of the engineer to create something...a bridge, a house, a new material..even the next type of fuel. My favorite toy was even the LEGO.

I was so attracted to the idea of creation that I eventually graduated from the university with a Mechanical Engineering degree, finished 4th on the National Board Examination and I was so excited when I created my first professional design in Autocad and I saw it constructed and working - it is like fatherhood in a way when you see your creations at work.

I eventually entered the field of Information Technology due to its promised career acceleration and for awhile I missed the adrenaline rush of creation ..until my career eventually took a turn and I started managing projects.

Project creation and management brings back the thrill of creation for me. You start out with an idea - a thought. You then proceed with defining the framework on how to realize the project benefits..create your team..draw up the project plan and execute it to completion.

I am so addicted to the thought of project success that I envision it fully from the start and I guess that is one of the things that I learned from being an engineer - you have to see your final product in your mind even before you begin lifting your pencil to draw.

I have always lived by three words since I was an engineer and these words still carry me to success today - Conceive...Believe...Achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment